NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Week8

Time goes fast, this is the final week of project community. In this 8 weeks I have learned a lot about how to be a successful designer and how to work as a group member in teamwork.

During 8 weeks study, the most important thing I have learn about using online communities and networks in innovative design is crowdfunding. Crowd funding is the collective effort of individuals who network and pool their money, usually via the internet to support efforts initiated by other people or organizations. In fact, crowd funding is not only for the money. In our NGo’s case, we design to crow fund more human resources, money and more reputation. With the crow funding  we can attract more people with same passion, knowledge and technology to help Solidaridad. Meanwhile, for the companies and countries who invest Solidaridad. They would have an stable support of sugarcane for award. On the other hand,  
if we use public media to disseminate our crowd funding before we launch it. Not only Solidaridad, all the people who involved in this project are going to have a  favourable comment from society.

Therefore, crowd funding is not only a activity collect cash. It is also a platform for the people who have same purpose and passion to communicate.  Personally I believe crowd founding is the most important thing I have learned to improve the communities and network.

For the class in next year, I suggest to have 1 more workshop classes for each week. Because  we have to finish the design and project by teamwork. When we were working together, sometimes we got stuck, sometimes we have different ideas. Therefore,we must share our troubles and ideas. Make sure everyone can understand each other and must be involved in the teamwork. However, it will take so much time.So once a week for the meeting is not far enough. If we decide to meet after classes or in the holiday, no one can make sure that everyone can attend. For the reason, I think 1 more workshop class for each week will be much better.

Posted in Community, Group 9
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Untitled
2 comments on “Week8
  1. Nancy White says:

Hiya Yannick

Following on Laura’s wondering, what might motivate students to convene their own workshops? What really motivates you to dig in and do/learn more? Help me get inside your (and other students’) head! 🙂

Thanks for being part of Project Community

Nancy

2. Laura says:

Hmmm, I’m wondering. What is it that makes students attend an assigned workshop, but not an assigned (and agreed upon) meeting of the students with their tutor? What is the best motivation according to you? We would have much happier students during the course if we could capture this motivation.

But in the end, most students are generally happy with what they learned. It just takes a few months to sink in how much learning that actually was. 🙂

Group 9 Blogs
  1. by Isabel isabelwiltenburg.tumblr.com
  2. Keisha :) sehyeul.tumblr.com
  3. Lee Ji Eun (Jennifer) ken99jen92.tumblr.com
  4. Maurice's IDE Reflection mauriceschill2.tumblr.com
  5. Michal's Blog of Awesome Stuff michalhros.tumblr.com
  6. Ruben's Blog rubenide.tumblr.com
  7. Yannick's Project Community Blog yy880513.tumblr.com
  8. Zakk Ulbrich zakkulbrich.tumblr.com

Final Video

Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more