In today’s blog I will uncover which one of all themes we have been looking into should the most important towards the goals of our NGO. I will get straight to the point; teamwork, crowdsourcing, crowdfunding, marketing, these all are important elements, however one is the most crucial, which is marketing. Besides importance of the marketing itself, it also connects all those themes together and brings some kind of common ground for them. We should not look at the marketing as s selling process, but process of communicating particular message with our audience. It uncovers the main benefits and possible results from successful implementing of the new product, in this case solution.
I would like to get more particular about the marketing, therefore I prepared the following advices:
Instead of throwing one-way commercial messages at users, the NGO has to use the technology, is this case internet and social networks to interact with them and become part of their conversations and lives. I recommend to avoid using of already existing overloaded social networks, instead, Solidaridad should create its own social-networking web site reserved for only people sharing their interests.
The main advantages of smaller platform are:
- focusing on specific interest, or profession creates one dedicated community of like-minded people, which tend people to spend more time on the social network and contribute more
- quicker exchange of specific message
- shared information have more direct effect
- direct feedback from users of the network
- better marketing message environment
- on small networking sites people tend to trust the context
- last but not least, monitoring the discussions
The best approach is not to “market” to network members but interact with them on topics of mutual interest. Crucial part of marketing is also collecting the feedback. Solidaridad should research the effect of their messages on the target audience, and research audience’s past and present attitudes toward the product and company. Feedback on marketing communications may suggest changes in the promotion program or in the product itself.