NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

My first blog

How do you understand our class goals?

We can understand our class goals by sharing our thoughts to one another. This can create different points of views which we can all think about. With different perspectives on our class goals, we can see which one is the most reasonable and work from there. 

What do you need and want to learn as you/we explore the different themes from application of online communities and networks to open innovation design?

I would like to learn about other ways to communicate with one another. Facebook is clearly the easiest way to get messages across and keeping up to date with what people are up to, but Google Hangout was definitely an eye opener for me. It looked like there was a bit of a struggle with connecting with one another but otherwise, it seemed fast and simple, which is really handy. 

What would you like the outcome of your team’s project to look like?

I would like the outcome of our project to be as professional as possible. Everyone should know their role and put in as much effort as they could possible without overdoing it and making a mess. A nice clean project would also give a good impression on what our team is like. So far communication is there and so is motivation, I hope we can keep this up until the very end. 

What “specialty quality” will you bring and contribute?

One special quality I can bring and contribute is producing music. The music I produce could be put in videos and I could even make the sound fit the theme of the video. Another quality I have is drawing. I am very aware of different light sources in sketches or drawings as well as vanishing points. With these skills, I can draw many things to scale and even make it pop up with shading and light sources. 

I am looking forward to working with such a motivated team!

Posted in Community, Group 9
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Zakk Ulbrich
5 comments on “My first blog
  1. Hi Zakk, nice post. Love that music part! It’s always hard to find music for videos and if you can create stuff yourself at least you don’t have to worry about any copyright issues! Being the artist often makes you vunerable. You don’t have to master all skills of being a manager but communicate well to those you work with. It will make your life a lot easier!
    Look forward to your next blog post.

2. Do you mean Yang Yang?

3. Great Blog, is this Zakk? Can’t be sure if you don’t give it a name I can recognize. Maybe you could add this somehow? Looking forward to being treated to some of that music!
    😉 Laura

• Zakk Ulbrich says:

Hello Laura, yes this is me, Zakk. I noticed it didn’t have my name when it got linked here so I changed my name on tumblr, but it didn’t change on here. I think on my next blog it should show up fine.

• Alan Levine says:

I may have been mistaken, the name change will be reflected on the sidebars, but it will not correct older posts. I can do some changes manually.

Group 9 Blogs
  1. by Isabel isabelwiltenburg.tumblr.com
  2. Keisha :) sehyeul.tumblr.com
  3. Lee Ji Eun (Jennifer) ken99jen92.tumblr.com
  4. Maurice's IDE Reflection mauriceschill2.tumblr.com
  5. Michal's Blog of Awesome Stuff michalhros.tumblr.com
  6. Ruben's Blog rubenide.tumblr.com
  7. Yannick's Project Community Blog yy880513.tumblr.com
  8. Zakk Ulbrich zakkulbrich.tumblr.com

Final Video

Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more