NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Let’s give Tumblr a try

Besides Facebook there’s not really a social platform where I’m into, but since we have to come up with a blog for Project Communities class I guess I have to give this a try. The ‘Thinking individually in the open’-thing is officially launched today! 

Our assignment was to answer some questions about the introduction of the course, so here you go: 

How do you understand our class goals?
I think this class is mostly about teamwork. Our challenge isn’t totally clear yet to me, but if you work hard and think hard as a team you will be able to collect as many information, resources and thoughts as possible. 

What do you need and want to learn as you / we explore the different themes from application of online communities and networks to open innovation design?
I’d like to learn about all kinds of networks and online communities because I’m not very well known in this area. I think as an open innovator it’s necessary to be up to date and to possess skills about all different kinds of sharing your experiences and work. 

What would you like the outcome of your team’s project to look like?
First of all, we need to build up teamwork. I want our whole team to look back on us and this project and feel great about the way we worked together. And than of course, I want to blow away our client with our project and presentation and I hope we’ll all be satisfied and proud of what we accomplished. 

What “specialty quality” will you bring and contribute?
Since I’ve got some experience in working in a group I think I’ll be a good team worker. Also I like to talk and to say everything that comes up in my mind, I like to present and I can take the role as leader when it’s necessary. Besides I’m known with the basics of some editing programs like InDesign and Illustrator. 

I have to admit: this could be worse. Maybe some day Tumblr will turn out to be my best friend! 

Posted in Community, Group 9
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: by Isabel
6 comments on “Let’s give Tumblr a try
  1. Lee Ji Eun (Jennifer) says:

I really agree on you with the work “teamwork”!!

2. Keisha says:

I agree for what you said about teamwork. For the great outcome as a team, we need to do our best on each one’s position. First of all, everyone needs to find what he/she can offer for the team, as we did at the last meeting. Everyone’s role is important, but your role as a team leader is quite important and has a great influence to the team and team members. I hope you to be the best leader! I am willing to help you and I will be more than happy if we can draw the best outcome of our teamwork at the end 🙂

3. Ruben says:

I like that you stressed the importance of teamwork. Let’s keep in mind that we want everyone in the group to be involved and have a role in the project.

4. Never start working on an assignment until you know what path to follow. It would be a waste of everyone’s time. So ask questions.. you might even get an answer!

5. Wouldn’t that be cool? To blow our client away with our open minded insights towards his chalenge? To experience more about how much fun you can have, cultivating your own curiosity and “playing” as an Open Innovator?
    I say “playing” because one of my motto’s is, “Work Hard, Play Hard”… another is following Confucius, “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”

Great that you already received a comment from Maria! Good show, pass that on and comment on someone elses blog (and/or get your collegues to DO their blog if they have missed it. Since their grade will already be lower for not having it on time).
    Maybe sending a reminder to your teammates about the blogs, 1 tip how you can work better as a team and a reminder on our group meeting.
    Great, Thanks, 🙂 Laura

6. Maria says:

Love the part about “outcome of your team’s project” – inspiring 🙂

Group 9 Blogs
  1. by Isabel isabelwiltenburg.tumblr.com
  2. Keisha :) sehyeul.tumblr.com
  3. Lee Ji Eun (Jennifer) ken99jen92.tumblr.com
  4. Maurice's IDE Reflection mauriceschill2.tumblr.com
  5. Michal's Blog of Awesome Stuff michalhros.tumblr.com
  6. Ruben's Blog rubenide.tumblr.com
  7. Yannick's Project Community Blog yy880513.tumblr.com
  8. Zakk Ulbrich zakkulbrich.tumblr.com

Final Video

Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more