NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

FINAL!

As it comes to the end of Project Community course, I had a look back on what I have learned in this period, I didn’t notice that I had learned so much thing during our research on project for our client. Most of working time was spent on networks and indeed I gained plenty of knowledge from internet. Now if I started a project, I won’t be blind and don’t know where to go because I already have so much experience.It is really hard to say what is the most important thing during network. If I had to say, I think I am inspired most from online communities. If I got stuck on something, I will go to online communities, reading some articles, seeing pictures. Then I am inspired. Even what inspired me is not important for authors but it help me out. Having a look on those successful design product, they are all designed after designers were inspired by accident moment. But not anybody can notice and be aware what is useful. So keeping opened eyes is very important during networks. 

Talking about design principle for online communities. I think “make it useful” is very important. Nowadays, it is an internet booming time. There are so many online communities, some got famous, some got lost, some even never exist. Why it happens? In my opinion, it is because how practical those are. I know some online communities have attractive appearance but not so functional as users expect. 

Final words on project community info! Overall, how to work in a team is most valuable what I have learned in the course. I had some insight from teamwork. First of all is the team spirit. If you don’t have team spirit you are like homeless. And all team members are your family and all of you need to help each other to get work done. Second is clear assigned task. Everybody find his good-at and work on it. Do not take responsibility what you can not do otherwise it will damage your team work. 

Posted in Community, Group 8
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: TIANZIXUAN
3 comments on “FINAL!
  1. Nancy White says:

Hiya, stopping by for a quick final comment and thank you. I’m curious, what is the most important thing you learned from your NGO client?

Thanks for being part of Project Community

Nancy

2. shahab says:

Nice reflection. How do you think the team spirit can be made, or improved? Not only with a team like yours in this project but also in an online community. What do you think the differences are?

3. Maurice Schill says:

I agree with your points on team work, and the important of online communities. The availability of so much information, makes it easier to approach any problem with a good insight, & direction for a solution.

Group 8 Blogs
  1. Communities need us redbyrdie.tumblr.com
  2. IhsanRadOne ihsanradone.tumblr.com
  3. MMartin mmmmarto.tumblr.com
  4. Only1Gideon danielmetz.tumblr.com
  5. TIANZIXUAN tianzixuan1117.tumblr.com
  6. Top of the World, Project Community stuff arcticafternoon.tumblr.com
  7. Yomna Farid yomnafarid.tumblr.com

Final Video

Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more