NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Week 7

We have been working on our project for 7 weeks now.We’ve learned about  crowdsourcing,crowdfunding,about marketing,how to work with and in a team,etc.It has all been very interesting and helpful.I have noticed that all this things have one thing in common-they’re all group related.

Ever since the introduction week we have been working in groups and teams.We have group meetings,group projects  and in the end we will be graded as a group.We may have had some struggle with teamwork in the beginning,but we managed to do everything we were assigned to do.Some people prefer to work alone,but doing so damages our group rhythm,and then we have to go back or explain which results in time loss.And time is something nobody can afford to lose.So no matter what we do individually,in the end we have to come together as a team and work together,because even one person can set the whole group back.

Last week we talked about crowdsourcing and crowdfunding.We saw some examples for both and discovered new ways to help our and any future project.Eventough I don’t see how crowdfunding can’t help us in this particular project, we now know a new and better way for funding with even better results,because while we’re being funded we are expanding.It’s a different thing when it comes to crowdsourcing.We have been using crowdsourcing for a tool to match our NGO’s needs.We asked him and other people what to do and how to do it so we work in the right direction.We gathered feedback and continued.We can use crowdsourcing to save some time and find the answers for our problems.

Another thing that I think will be helpful for our presentation  is marketing,because after all what is and great idea without the proper introduction.We must be able to communicate the value of our product to our customer and find a way to stand out in the crowd.Even if our idea isn’t unique and the best one,if we present it correctly we may  achieve the success everybody wants.

Thank you.

and here is a picture that represents something i wrote about in one of my previous blogs:

Posted in Community, Group 8
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: MMartin
Group 8 Blogs
  1. Communities need us redbyrdie.tumblr.com
  2. IhsanRadOne ihsanradone.tumblr.com
  3. MMartin mmmmarto.tumblr.com
  4. Only1Gideon danielmetz.tumblr.com
  5. TIANZIXUAN tianzixuan1117.tumblr.com
  6. Top of the World, Project Community stuff arcticafternoon.tumblr.com
  7. Yomna Farid yomnafarid.tumblr.com

Final Video

Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more