NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

WEEK 7

After having been working on how to apply Personal Branding strategy to Solidaridad social intranet, the final solution is coming clear. In our proposal, motivation(employees-self), filesharing and time-consuming play very important roles which determine this project is a successful one or not.

Motivation is required whatever you do. Why people go to university to seek higher diploma even though they can find a job? Because people generally think higher certificate means better jobs and higher salary. That is motivation. More simply, why we chose IDE programme? Because we just love design. This is also motivation. Nothing could be done without motivation as motivation gives you energy and faith. It is the thing to push you move forwards. Applied in our project, a possible problem is that employees do not have motivation to be involved which results the whole intranet is insignificant. We came up with some ideas to attract them. Main concept is to award “digital employee of the month” to the most active staff. Providing reasonable bonuses of course would be more effective way if it is possible. 

Another important role in process is time-consuming. When I search on Solidaridad website, I found some employees have more than one position in company. Time for them is most important thing during work. So our aim is to solve time-consuming problem for this kind of employees. One practical option is to improve a little bit  to apply audio/video post on Drupal. If we can manage it, those busy employees even can post when they on subway or bus. 

Since Solidaridad is a multinational organization, knowledge exchange becomes a very important part of operating. We decide use tags/category into intranet system. With it, it is much more easier for employees to search information appeared before. For example, Solidaredad is working on a project about sugarcane. Employees just need to type sugarcane on website then all posts related to sugarcane are able to be seen. 

Thanks for reading.

Posted in Community, Group 8
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: TIANZIXUAN
Group 8 Blogs
  1. Communities need us redbyrdie.tumblr.com
  2. IhsanRadOne ihsanradone.tumblr.com
  3. MMartin mmmmarto.tumblr.com
  4. Only1Gideon danielmetz.tumblr.com
  5. TIANZIXUAN tianzixuan1117.tumblr.com
  6. Top of the World, Project Community stuff arcticafternoon.tumblr.com
  7. Yomna Farid yomnafarid.tumblr.com

Final Video

Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more