NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

usefull or not?

Crowdsourcing - Is crowdsourciing useful? well it can be useful is it is used the right way. To spread the word about a certain design is not always a good idea as it is very easy those days to take ideas over and to give the idea your own name. It gets really hard to ectually prove that the product or idea is yours.

Crowdfunding - Is crowdfunding useful? I personally think it is really useful, as you interact with people and make people aware of the idea. Then you can get their interrest and people can use if they want to contribute on this or not.

The input of other designers and other users can be very good, but we have to be very careful in every step we take offcourse. There are some designers who like to keep the product for themselfs and don’t like others to help them or to add ideas onto the persons idea.

cons: The product doesn’t stay an one person’s product, it becomes part of many people, and it gets really general and it isn’t known who the designer was in the first place. It has to be a product which is extreemly attractive to people because it has to make people enthausiastic about it to want to work on the product.

pros: How more people work on the idea/product how easier it gets to continue with the product/idea, without money it is bassically impossible to produce anything these days, so with the crowdfunding it is easier to promote the product and then see who wants to contribute on it and who wants to spread the word and help making this product become real.

Posted in Community, Group 8
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: IhsanRadOne
2 comments on “usefull or not?
  1. IhsanRadOne says:

The product doesn’t stay an one person’s product, it becomes part of many people, and it gets really general and it isn’t known who the designer was in the first place. It has to be a product which is extreemly attractive to people because it has to make people enthausiastic about it to want to work on the product.

this part was acctually the dissadvantages 😛

2. shahab says:

Efficiently discussed! 🙂 What about the disadvantages of crowdfunding?

Group 8 Blogs
  1. Communities need us redbyrdie.tumblr.com
  2. IhsanRadOne ihsanradone.tumblr.com
  3. MMartin mmmmarto.tumblr.com
  4. Only1Gideon danielmetz.tumblr.com
  5. TIANZIXUAN tianzixuan1117.tumblr.com
  6. Top of the World, Project Community stuff arcticafternoon.tumblr.com
  7. Yomna Farid yomnafarid.tumblr.com

Final Video

Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more