NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Hello,my name is Martin and I’m addicted to the internet.

The internet is a drug!Babies are born and given Ipads.And we are all addicted whether we like it or not.Everybody has internet access and uses it one way or another.Most people wouldn’t be able to do their jobs without internet or when I think about it….nobody will!

We as students need it to study,to communicate and help eachother,make friends,even get money,so practically for everything.

I’ll give you an example.The teachers upload information,assignments,grades…everything on blackboard and the only way for us students to get to this information is through the internet 

I don’t use online spaces as an individual.I use the Internet to communicate and waste precious time from my life.

As I said I’m an addict too.I have always tried to stay out of the social media and encouraged other people to do it too,because I think it can’t substitute live face to face interaction between two people or a group.And everybody can change and manipulate their digital identity to make themselves appear more interesting and “cool”,but in real life they’re still a normal,boring man/woman.And when you actually meet the disappointment is much greater.But still for some this is the only way.

I had to make a facebook account ,because this was the only way I could communicate with my friends,who are all over the world.We have to stay in touch,so we don’t lose our connection and since everybody seems to have a facebook account we do it there.There just isn’t another way.I check my page everyday but I do nothing on it,Idon’t know why.Maybe that’s because I need my daily dose of Interenet and facebook.

I think everybody uses these social websites because it gives them a sense of security and they can escape from reality.

To be honest the only tool for online communication for me was facebook and skype until I came to the THU,so you can say I’m just being introduced to the enormous world of social media.As much as I don’t like facebook,I cant’s deny that it’s practical,useful and helpful.I’m in many groups from the university now.Some have few people (for a projects),some are very big and I can ask whatever I want there and I know somebody will answer me.These groups are a tool for  obtaining and giving information.Some people use them to find aprtments,roomates,places,books…etc.You can even make friends before you meet them.That is how I found my apartment so I’m really thankful to be a part of them.Ok I have to go now because I need to get high on facebook!

Posted in Community, Group 8
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: MMartin
2 comments on “Hello,my name is Martin and I’m addicted to the internet.
  1. Maurice Schill says:

I want to agree with both of you, however have one small point of view id like to present. I think, in some way or form, everyone is and addict. The way I see it, is that there is two forms of addiction. One is where we enjoy the experience we get, and would like to do it again, without needing to. The other type, involves you being dependant on that experience making the addiction dangerous. I guess this could also be put into a scale, where the latter one, is ranked higher than the first. In between these two, there is a fine line that can be considered as a division of good & bad addictions. I guess we all need to manage our own addictions and make sure we don’t become dependant on it. As much as I see people addicted to adrenaline (ex; extreme sports), I also see addictions to communication that one day result in a problem, be it physically or mentally.

2. Ghazale says:

hahaha that was a nice piece I just read 😀 And I couldn’t agree with you more. Hopefully not all addictions are bad. Being addicted to communicate with others and stay up-to-date with our school an study news is one of the very good types. 🙂

Group 8 Blogs
  1. Communities need us redbyrdie.tumblr.com
  2. IhsanRadOne ihsanradone.tumblr.com
  3. MMartin mmmmarto.tumblr.com
  4. Only1Gideon danielmetz.tumblr.com
  5. TIANZIXUAN tianzixuan1117.tumblr.com
  6. Top of the World, Project Community stuff arcticafternoon.tumblr.com
  7. Yomna Farid yomnafarid.tumblr.com

Final Video

Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more