NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

…aaand Cut! Part 2

I also think that having an open and constant stream of communication is the most important thing I’ve learned during this. It’s not a lesson I personally will have learned overnight, but it certainly shifted my attention for future endeavors of this or any other nature really. Even your greatest ideas could get lost in the ocean of your silence and will slowly drift from memory. We are social creatures after all, overcoming any and all barriers that would otherwise shut you up in certain situations should be your main objective. I am appealing to you dear follower of our footsteps. Challenge authority! Ask the uncomfortable questions, stir things up! That will only open up many new interesting questions to be answered. I think that is the essence of this course. Charting your way through team dynamics, speaking up and not letting your voice disappear in the mist. Invaluable experience indeed. Kudos for setting it all up, cheers to Nancy, Alan and all our tutors.

Posted in Community, Group 7
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Efe's Community Pub
One comment on “…aaand Cut! Part 2
  1. Nancy White says:

Hi Efe

Sorry for this very late response… I’m finally catching up after too much travel. I have been reflecting on your two final posts, about the importance of speaking up and some puzzlement over community. It is interesting to me because there is something very important about the tension between the individual and the group (in this case, community) that shows up in your reflections. We must both be strong individuals, speak up, be unafraid, and at the same time find the place of belonging with others that sometimes asks us to listen. It is a fabulous and important tension – NOT one to be “resolved,” but one to be lived. I hope you thrive living in that space going forward

Nancy

Group 7 Blogs
  1. Ceire's Corner ceirekenny.tumblr.com
  2. Efe's Community Pub efescommunity.tumblr.com
  3. IDConorThompsonE idconorthompsone.tumblr.com
  4. Karolina's Project Community Thoughts karolinatblr.tumblr.com
  5. Maarten's mind maartenwielers.tumblr.com
  6. Mario Levon Mirzahanyan mariolevonmirzahanyan.tumblr.com
  7. Nikolay Yorgov's guide to the galaxy nyorgovn.tumblr.com

Final Video

Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more