NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

During week 7 we were introduced to Marketing. It was very useful, since we discussed different…

During week 7 we were introduced to Marketing. It was very useful, since we discussed different strategies which will benefit our customer. Another thing, which we were talking about, is how to organize our thoughts and create a Storyboard. It was quite useful, especially for me, because one of the video’s that we watched, gave me good ideas on how to organize my time and duties also.

As usual, when we started with the group activity, we divided into small groups. Me and two more people were researching different marketing strategies that might benefit our NGO. We came to the conclusion, that receiving feedback is extremely important. This is why we are a bit concerned, since we still haven’t received an answer from our customer and we do not know if we fully meet his needs.

Which of the themes we’ve been looking into so far will be of the most use towards your goal of solving the unmet need of your NGO?

Give at least 3 reasons why and tell who/what you think will play a key role towards success during the process.

I will agree with my group mates, when I say that in my opinion Crowdsourcing is crucial for Solidaridad and it is most useful for solving the unmet need of our NGO, because, first of all, it is a great way to explore the opinion and ideas of a big amount of people.  This will definitely increase the site’s development, since feedback will be constantly received and it will definitely advantage and speed-up the design process.

Second of all, by giving ideas, people feel like they are being a part of a creation process and this will benefit the rate of the social network. Crowdsourcing is a way to build a strong relationship between different communities.

And last, but not least, it is much cheaper, because people use it to help each other, because they built communities, which share the same ideas and goals.

What do you think the solution should be and why?

I am not sure if this is the correct answer to this question but in my opinion, the solution is to create a website, with a simple and yet original visual outlook, which will leave a good impression on people. For me, design is very important. Nowadays so many websites exist, that you have to be different, in order for people to remember you.

It is very important the most significant information to be clearly divided into tabs on the homepage, so that everyone can easily find what he is looking for. However, as I already said, I am not sure whether this fully answers this question, since, as I already mentioned, we still haven’t received any answer from our customer and I am not 100 per cent sure what he is looking for.

On Monday we were arguing, whether we will manage to meet our customer’s need or not. Some consider that we will actually fail. Nevertheless, I am an optimist and I truly believe that in a couple of days this desired moment will come and we will finally hear from our customer and we will know for sure what to do, in order to do our job the best way we can. 

Tagged with:
Posted in Community, Group 6
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Chocolate brownies and cookies
Group 6 Blogs
  1. Chocolate brownies and cookies viktoriyadespotova.tumblr.com
  2. Elena's community ideas elenabimbaite.tumblr.com
  3. Justin's Lil' Box Of Thoughts justinlimboxofthoughts.tumblr.com
  4. Luca's Project Community Blog lucasalce.tumblr.com
  5. Michal"S Harbor misoo235.tumblr.com
  6. NABOO DESIGNS. syeenaboodesign.tumblr.com
  7. Paul's Design Elements paulsblogstuff.tumblr.com
  8. Project Community 2013 gregoryprocomm.tumblr.com
  9. Rebecka's Creations 2.0 rebeckazz.tumblr.com

Final Video

Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more