NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Expanding my database

We are now in the third week of this class and the knowledge about the project and Solidaridad is becoming somewhat clearer. Despite of this, my group and I still have plenty of questions and uncertainties popping up during our project hours. In my opinion this is a good sign, as we are walking on uncharted area and are experiencing new struggles as we go along. This project is definitely a new learning experience for me as technological knowledge is something I don’t have a lot of, but am hoping to gain during this project and the future.

Talking about technological knowledge, I have never really followed any kind of computer class and thus have not very much expertise in this area…unfortunately. This does make learning about it very interesting for me as I am aware of its importance in today’s world. The use of technology is very important for online communities and networks, and is the backbone of communication in many companies now a day.

Another part of all of this is “digital identity” which is more or less an online or networked identity claimed in cyberspace by an individual, organization or electronic device. These users may also project more than one digital identity through multiple communities. As pretty much all of us use either  Facebook, Myspace, Twitter or Instagram etc. we are creating an identity for ourselves on the world wide web, and though you’re mostly in control of this, our identity may be warped or seen from the wrong perspective making it all very different to the truth behind this virtual identity. On the other hand it is very useful for communicating not just with friends and family, but also with your fellow students, colleagues from work and other businesses.

My wish for the near future is to build and strengthen my technological knowledge which I can use for now but also for the future of my academic years and working years. After each new step I make I hope there are new doors to open which will only lead to more opportunities and benefits which give me and my technological knowledge space to grow…

Tagged with: ,
Posted in Community, Group 6
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Paul's Design Elements
One comment on “Expanding my database
  1. Lina says:

I really enjoyed reading this blog, because from the post, I could see that this person thinking not just about how useful social tools are but how it is important for work and future and that shows that the owner of the post are really thinking about future and also he wants to improve his knowledge of other technology`s part what is really awesome.!!:) Good luck.:)

Group 6 Blogs
  1. Chocolate brownies and cookies viktoriyadespotova.tumblr.com
  2. Elena's community ideas elenabimbaite.tumblr.com
  3. Justin's Lil' Box Of Thoughts justinlimboxofthoughts.tumblr.com
  4. Luca's Project Community Blog lucasalce.tumblr.com
  5. Michal"S Harbor misoo235.tumblr.com
  6. NABOO DESIGNS. syeenaboodesign.tumblr.com
  7. Paul's Design Elements paulsblogstuff.tumblr.com
  8. Project Community 2013 gregoryprocomm.tumblr.com
  9. Rebecka's Creations 2.0 rebeckazz.tumblr.com

Final Video

Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more