NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Project Communities

Good evening,

This week’s blog will be focusing on what has been learned from the course so far.

To begin with, through the weekly process of learning we were able to understand how the different stages of a project should be done. However, the most important aspect I have learned, is regarding how vital for the designers’ work the networking and the proper use of social media are.

So far, the globalization has been increasing and the society has been capable to reach all kind of information for no time and share even larger amount of information. I learned how important our online presence is and that it can always be developed and improved, depending on the its target group.

The design principles for raising online community I have developed during course would be:

1. Focus on the community’s unmet needs and wants.

Making sure that you understand your community and its requirements would allow you to focus on what is important better and develop it well. Without a clear view, of what is vital for your community, it is impossible to achieve success.

1. See the “big picture”.

Looking at a particular problem is good, however understanding the cause of it and looking into it from different perspective is also integral part of the designers’ work.

1. Say what you want to say in simple way.

One should spread his/her message clear and simple. The target group should be able to understand it fast and easy.

In order to have one positive experience from the course, I would advise next year students to take action and get involved with the project as much as they can. Since, the work has been done for real companies, student have the chance to bring their work to the next level and get involved with actual businesses and NGOs. I would say that it is very important to do your desk research well, so you would have the chance to make better decisions. The course will help you to improve your team work skills and will shed some light of how to proper use the internet space, things that are important for the designers nowadays. 

Greetings,

Iliya

Tagged with: , ,
Posted in Community, Group 5
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Iliya Elenski
3 comments on “Project Communities
  1. Nancy White says:

Dear Ilya – I think Maggie’s comment is right on the spot. Great advice and design principles. I hope you carry them into the new year.

Belated thanks

Nancy

2. Ghazale says:

The design principles you developed listed are very interesting and important. It is very interesting to see the different achievements we have through this course. Your design principles remind me of a book named: Identifying Hidden Needs. It is a very interesting book if you want to check it sometime.

3. Meggie says:

Typical Ilya post, clear to the point giving your opinion as it is. I like that all your principles are number 1. The big picture is interesting, because when you are really focused in a project it is easy to forget about this. Great to read about your learnings and I can’t wait to see them applied in your next projects.

Group 5 Blogs
  1. Bobby's Place for Struggling with the UPCOMING bobbyide1.tumblr.com
  2. Freddy and the Preservation of Caribbean Tradition freddycaribbean.tumblr.com
  3. Gleb's Blog foxruss.tumblr.com
  4. Ibi Muljosantoso ibims.tumblr.com
  5. Iliya Elenski iliyae.tumblr.com
  6. Stefan's Designed universe sphilipov.tumblr.com
  7. Strawberry Egg eyemymii.tumblr.com
  8. Yura's point of view yurasimus.tumblr.com

Final Video

Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more