NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

If it’s ”Hello there!”, why not ”Bye here!”? :)

It’s easy to find your place in the world through communities. I mean, if you are interested in something and people who are usually around you may not care as much as you do about that thing, then online communities can be a way to find people like you. So that can mean that people with same interests can inspire each other, which, if you ask me, it’s the best part. Once a person knows where to look for inspiration the innovative design wouldn’t take so long to come to the white world. And as long as it’s a community, you can still learn from others or help the people who want to develop. Like our community on the www.projectcommunity.info . I’ve learned sooo much, thanks to the new friends I’ve made. We exchange experience and we struggle together, which motivates me (and I hope not only me). 

First of all, I like things and information well put, easy to understand but still as comprehensive as possible! So, in a community everything should be shared and used for the better of everyone.

Decentralization- people in a community should be equal. There shouldn’t be nobody on top of everybody else. It would be too not interesting if people listen to just one person and the sense of creativity would be lost or forgotten.

Tolerance- people should listen to all of the opinions in a community, more points of view- more ideas.

Simplicity- in order to be well understood, a person should always express himself/ herself with simple words or pictures.

Brevity- you can leave a space for the people to consider and wonder, maybe develop the brief idea or content you have shared.

For the next year’s class…

Every beginning is confusing, but here, my friends, we don’t deal with confusion, but with confusiasm (Nancy White). :D If you don’t know the meaning now, you’ll figure it out reeeally fast, in the very beginning. Then the only thing for you to do is take the time for completing the assignments and you can enjoy your brand new community full of new friends and other confusiastics. ;)  

There is not much to say or advice. You should get the best out of the course, which is easily achieved by listening to your tutors and follow their guidance. Everything is well structured and with the right pace you can do no wrong. 

I’ve learned much about internet tools. Everything I’ve been taught will be valuable for my future work. Moreover, if I want to work from home, all kinds of internet tools will be more than helpful.

So I guess that’s all for my first time working-on-a-project-with-a-team. It was great and certainly unforgettable experience for me. I hope no one is disappointed and everybody will have fun at the very end.

Greetings,

Bobby 

Tagged with: ,
Posted in Community, Group 5
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Bobby's Place for Struggling with the UPCOMING
3 comments on “If it’s ”Hello there!”, why not ”Bye here!”? :)
  1. Nancy White says:

Ah, I like that “decentralized” principle. That is also an essential design and operating element when working in complex solutions. And particularly in big, open networks. Nice observation.

Thanks for being part of Project Community

Nancy

2. Bobby says:

We have a saying in Bulgaria like that- ”to come to the white world”, it means ”to come true”. I guess it’s something else in English if they also have it, of course 🙂

3. Meggie says:

Your writing is really open, it shows who you are and how you experience things. Thanks for that openness. Now you have taken your first steps in your development as an open innovator and I am so curious what type of great professional you will be when you graduate.
    Small question, what do ou mean with “to come to the white world”?

Group 5 Blogs
  1. Bobby's Place for Struggling with the UPCOMING bobbyide1.tumblr.com
  2. Freddy and the Preservation of Caribbean Tradition freddycaribbean.tumblr.com
  3. Gleb's Blog foxruss.tumblr.com
  4. Ibi Muljosantoso ibims.tumblr.com
  5. Iliya Elenski iliyae.tumblr.com
  6. Stefan's Designed universe sphilipov.tumblr.com
  7. Strawberry Egg eyemymii.tumblr.com
  8. Yura's point of view yurasimus.tumblr.com

Final Video

Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more