NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Woohhoo finally!! :D

We have finally arrived at the end of the course which is very exciting especially for myself. WOOHOO !!!!

Anyway,

The most important thing about online communities and network in innovative design is COMMUNICATION. It is all about communication. You don’t know you ask. When you have an idea, speak up. When you feel something is wrong, speak up. When you think the answer is right, ask first because you don’t know how they perceive it as they live in different part of the world.

And, that is the tricky part because communicating via online is difficult. Sometimes the internet running slow, sometimes time differences is confusing. Sometimes I’ve researched for an idea for days and turns out what I do is wrong because the information was perceived differently. The only way it can be succeeded is by perfect communication between both parties. No other way.

My own design principles for designing and fostering online communities are :

Tolerance: Since our group and clients came from different part of the world we have to be tolerant to others. For instance, we all speak in Universal language, English, to everyone even though some of the members came from the same country. This design principle leads to a perfect communication but although, sometimes some people misinterpret the information and that is the challenge for each of us.

Decentralisation: Eventhough we have a leader in the group, doesn’t mean that he/she is the one who controls everything. Each of the member have a right to talk and speak up for an idea. And leader doesn’t necessarily means that he/she is always the one who decide what’s right and what’s wrong.

For those in the next year’s class, I hope you guys enjoy the program since it is very challenging (personally) and the key to success is communication. Don’t be shy to speak up to your group mates and always manage the time as time flies nowadays and it felt so fast that we’ve arrived at the end of the course. 8 weeks feels like a blink of an eye. Last but not least, you guys have to produce something better than what we did.

Cheers.

Tagged with: , ,
Posted in Community, Group 5
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Ibi Muljosantoso
2 comments on “Woohhoo finally!! :D
  1. Nancy White says:

I had to smile when you wrote “produce something better than we did.” If you could do it over again, what would you do differently?

Thanks for being part of Project Community

Nancy

2. Meggie says:

Ibi! I like your focus on communication. Indeed it sometimes takes more effort than expected but it will definitely give way better results. Keep on paying attention to your English, that also helps. Your design principles apply to the process of designing. I wonder ifyou can also develop princinples for the design result. I think you have a better understanding of the group process than you sometimes let on. I am really curious to see your next steps!

Group 5 Blogs
  1. Bobby's Place for Struggling with the UPCOMING bobbyide1.tumblr.com
  2. Freddy and the Preservation of Caribbean Tradition freddycaribbean.tumblr.com
  3. Gleb's Blog foxruss.tumblr.com
  4. Ibi Muljosantoso ibims.tumblr.com
  5. Iliya Elenski iliyae.tumblr.com
  6. Stefan's Designed universe sphilipov.tumblr.com
  7. Strawberry Egg eyemymii.tumblr.com
  8. Yura's point of view yurasimus.tumblr.com

Final Video

Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more

%d bloggers like this: