NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

There is no team in Teemo.

Hi,

So let me start explaining my title. “Teemo” is one of my favorite character from an online game, he does not really contribute well in team fights, but does extremely well when he is solo-ing. In one way you could say that Teemo is me, since I do love taking solo missions, in game and in real life. I also do agree on the “you are the most creative, when you are alone” part, I noticed that after switching between working alone and in team.   

Anyways enough about me, let’s talk about my team for this project. The thumbs-up for our group is that everybody is willing to contribute and work. I think we have a pretty all-rounder team, we respect and listen to each other; I am really happy with that.

The challenge for me is to bring the whole group together and keeping all of them in track. Since you are working as a team, teamwork is very important. If one is falling behind, we need to be able to pick him/her up. Another challenge is me, for most of the time I have to high standards and spend too much time on small details. I am trying to cope with this, hence the shorter my blogs become.  

In general, a group of eight is quite big. In my experience my maximum group size was six, and there I already find it hard to communicate with everybody, for we worked in pairs in that group and it was really hard to ask for feedback from the other members, since everybody was busy with their own pair. Though I don’t really feel like we have a lot of problems with that now, mainly thanks to Facebook chat.  

Our group is not only an all-rounder in skills, but also in culture. I still cannot pin-point the impact of different culture in our group. I think most of the attitude comes from one self; like speaking a lot or being a better listener.

Until now we have divided all the task equally and we don’t really have any problems dividing it either. We volunteer on the work we want and so far, no one has complained. If there are any confusions we just ask each other, whether f2f or Facebook.

As mentioned above, I would like to try and keep the group together. Keep on motivating each other and adapt my standards to the whole group. I hope we will end up with great synnergy (synchrony +energy). So far, let’s keep up the good great work!  :D

Love,

Warisra

There really is no team in Teemo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwUXJe8lam4

Tagged with: , , , ,
Posted in Community, Group 5
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Strawberry Egg
2 comments on “There is no team in Teemo.
  1. Bobby says:

I might be just like this Teemo fellow… 😀

2. Meggie says:

Well written, with your usual personal touch. In an natural way I am getting more insight in your personality and how you function in groups. There could be more detail/insight into how you see the group.

Group 5 Blogs
  1. Bobby's Place for Struggling with the UPCOMING bobbyide1.tumblr.com
  2. Freddy and the Preservation of Caribbean Tradition freddycaribbean.tumblr.com
  3. Gleb's Blog foxruss.tumblr.com
  4. Ibi Muljosantoso ibims.tumblr.com
  5. Iliya Elenski iliyae.tumblr.com
  6. Stefan's Designed universe sphilipov.tumblr.com
  7. Strawberry Egg eyemymii.tumblr.com
  8. Yura's point of view yurasimus.tumblr.com

Final Video

Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more