NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Groupblog #1 – week 5

Groupblog – Group 5

The topic of this week is Work Teams. For this we analysed the teamwork of our own group.

Our group consists of eight people, this is quite ironic since during the intro of this class, it is said that it is better to work in smaller group. Any who, we do understand this, so that is why for this week, we split the work up into smaller groups and work on small projects. You can read what those are in our STARR analyse.

This is our STARR analyse from our group:

Situation: At the moment we are at the insight phase, we have already gathered a lot of information about Gogorobi Foundation and will probably gather some more, by keeping in contact with Sheyla, our contact person. We think we are ready to come up with a strategy after we discuss the last mails we received from Sheyla.

Task: For today we decided to start on the intro of our final video, since for this we already have enough info for this part.

Action: We divided some tasks:

-        for the video: narrator(Glen), editor(Yura), author(Illya), cameraman(Stefan), picturesseeker(Frederiek);

-        the rest without a task are going to keep working on the strategy plan.

Result:  Our goal is to gain useful information and valuable insight from this week’s task. For example: By filming the intro now, we can send it to Sheyla and ask feedback from her, so we don’t have stress about that when the deadline is close by.

Reflection: Until now we did not really discover any flaws, except for the beginning. We had some miscommunication about our own meeting, people that are not showing up or are late. To cope with this problem we made rules for our group, which can be found in our facebook group.

The second flaw we found is, actually very common knowledge, listening to each other while someone is speaking and not starting individual conversations. We are trying to work on this though.

Group 5

Posted in Community, Group 5
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Strawberry Egg
One comment on “Groupblog #1 – week 5
  1. Meggie says:

Nice group blog, you guys are workign tgether quite well and know what you’re on about. About the grouprules, are you guys really Always following them? The 2ndflawis very common, but anyway good that you noticed is and try to work on it.

Group 5 Blogs
  1. Bobby's Place for Struggling with the UPCOMING bobbyide1.tumblr.com
  2. Freddy and the Preservation of Caribbean Tradition freddycaribbean.tumblr.com
  3. Gleb's Blog foxruss.tumblr.com
  4. Ibi Muljosantoso ibims.tumblr.com
  5. Iliya Elenski iliyae.tumblr.com
  6. Stefan's Designed universe sphilipov.tumblr.com
  7. Strawberry Egg eyemymii.tumblr.com
  8. Yura's point of view yurasimus.tumblr.com

Final Video

Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more