NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

The 4th Week

On this 4th week I’m gonna reflect on the online world of mine. I was introduced to the online world since I was in primary six. Since then, I started to interact to people in the real world and the virtual world as well. I found the online world really interesting and surprising. I meet new friends, knowledges, amazing stuff, and how people do amazing things around the global.

For the inventor of the internet, first of all, I wanna thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you.

On the way the technology was rapidly developed, I already became an internet addict. I surf the internet everyday even though I don’t know what to look up. It became one of my primary needs since I also keep in touch with my friends in Indonesia when I study abroad, and the only way is through online network.

I used to be a member of a bounded group when I was still in Jakarta. It was a car community whom the members were highly active and it got me really involved to the internet community. I began to learn and dive deeper to the internet world since then. For example when I had a car problem, I would put my question in the internet and surprisingly, there were actually a lot of useful replies. I also introduced to new people through that community and we had an actual meeting in the real world afterwards.

The most valuable things for me is actually the fact that internet community keeps you active in interacting to people although you are in a impossible situation to meet one. For example like when I’m having a class, in the free time I could send the pictures of what I have learned to my mother, who is currently in jakarta, in a blink of an eye. For me, those kind of advantages are the ones I appreciate the most and the actual main use of the internet network.

Cheers.

Ibrahim Muljosantoso

Posted in Community, Group 5
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Ibi Muljosantoso
4 comments on “The 4th Week
  1. Meggie says:

I agree with the other commentators. I am dying to find out more examples and get links to the actual sources. As you say, you can find everything on the internet, including infomation on who invented the internet: http://science.howstuffworks.com/innovation/inventions/who-invented-the-internet.htm So there’s a lot of thank you’s there.

2. Yura says:

I think you need to show me some websites where there are a lot of information about car’s electronics and mechanics,because my friend once had a problem with his car and we couldn’t find some specific websites, only just general information about cars.

3. ibims says:

thanks for the feedback broo, I’ll work on the details better the next time
    Cheers

4. Luca Salce says:

Great to know that you enjoy and appreciate the internet with its impacts and capabilities it possesses. Did not go into details and specific with what exact online space you use. You mention how valuable the features the internet has but did not mention about what sites are comfortable and valuable to you and why. Do you use online spaces more individually or in groups/communities? Overall, decent blog, just no specific examples.

Group 5 Blogs
  1. Bobby's Place for Struggling with the UPCOMING bobbyide1.tumblr.com
  2. Freddy and the Preservation of Caribbean Tradition freddycaribbean.tumblr.com
  3. Gleb's Blog foxruss.tumblr.com
  4. Ibi Muljosantoso ibims.tumblr.com
  5. Iliya Elenski iliyae.tumblr.com
  6. Stefan's Designed universe sphilipov.tumblr.com
  7. Strawberry Egg eyemymii.tumblr.com
  8. Yura's point of view yurasimus.tumblr.com

Final Video

Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more