NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Meet Eyemymii

• Meet Eyemymii,

Me, myself and I, I, my, me, Eye, my, me, Eyemymii. That is my “online” name, or warieye –but that one is so old man, even Pepperidge farm cannot remember. So the phenomenon “Internet” is certainly not new to me. In fact I am pretty sure I cannot live without if anymore.

Hi5, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, these are just few of the social media platforms I participate or participated in. Being social, does not only mean being social in real life. Especially with WiFi and 4G-internet, it is possible to stay connected 24/7 –updating how bored you are, changing your profile picture every fifteen minutes, spamming hi.

Yet I do not only use the internet for the media, I use it for gaming too; Runescape, Maplestory, League of Legends, DOTA, Diablo etc.

Combine that with Skype or Teamspeak and I don’t have to type anymore, we can now all scream and rage at each other with lots of love. Plus, now I can hear if a message was meant to be sarcastic or not –dastard.  

However I am not a complete Barbarian. I like art too and I do artsy stuff. I like drawing. I like singing –yes that is an art, and I like making selfies, because I think I am a piece of art myself. I have a deviantart account and if you are my friend on Facebook, you can experience some of my epic drawing skills and selfies.  

Though, internet does not only help us keeping in touch with each other. It helps us meeting new people, like how we met Nancy and Alan –nice people really, no I am totally not kissing your asses.  

Sure, I can all teach you about all these wonderful things, but I cannot chew it for you and feed you. Most of the time –I am pretty sure- I will just give you the link to Youtube and Google. Hey, that is how I learn most of the time, plus I am a horrible teacher, since I am too lazy to explain, so go away with your questions. Thanks.  

• Meet the need for speed my usefulness for the team.

But first! Did I already introduce you guys to Google? Seriously, if I do not know something, I google –yeah that is an actual verb, in Dutch at least.

You type in some keywords, you get result, you no get your desired result, you change your keywords, you still no find your desired result, then… -wait for it- KEEP CALM and DON’T FORGET TO BREATH! Lastly ask you team and -if you still cannot figure it out- send your questions to your contact person of your NGO or your supervisor.  

Ok no, seriously… Hmm… Nope. Cannot think about anything that makes me useful anymore through digital meaning. Wait, well… if for our strategy guide we need comics, I guess I can be your man woman.   

Sorry, no comic this week, ah so lazy~

PS. I get the point where you explain your Digi ID, but after the part of NGO…. Not really? So I hope I did something right there…

PPS: Have not update it for a loooong timem but if you are interested warieye.deviantart.com

Tagged with: , , , ,
Posted in Community, Group 5
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Strawberry Egg
8 comments on “Meet Eyemymii
  1. Iliya says:

I like your way of writing, it is really catchy!… and you are even playing video games 😮 that is super coooool!

2. Ghazale says:

I really enjoyed reading your post. 😀 pretty straightforward and catchy at the same time that made me read your previous posts. 🙂 Can’t believe you didn’t really like blogging for this course 😉
    I think you have covered the blog prompt in your post, and your post is quite reflective. Looking forward to read your next post.;)

3. Nancy White says:

Can you explain a bit more about this remark/question please?

“PS. I get the point where you explain your Digi ID, but after the part of NGO…. Not really? So I hope I did something right there…”

What do you need to understand w/ the NGO?

And I smiled. I know you are not, um, KA! 😉

• Warisra says:

Ah what I meant was this part: “What can you do or what do you know about the other groups “unmet needs” they have defined for their NGO? Can your expertise be of use to them? Do some skills/needs “matchmaking” and tap the power of the group”

I was not quite sure what to write, so I kind of tried?

• Nancy White says:

Ah, OK, that makes sense. The best way to find unmet needs is to read some of their blog posts, or maybe when you see members in classes, ask what they need? Make an offer! You might be able to offer your multicultural/multi-country perspective!

4. Meggie says:

Dear Strawberry Egg, it is clear that you are a totally online kid. So you have all these useful skills, you are going to be an invaluable team member. Altough I am not completely sure what task to ask of you yet 😉
    And really, googling is a skill that strangely enough many students don’t master. If you want to bring out the grumpy me just say there there really is nothing out there on your subject.

• Warisra says:

I think I am an all-rounder. So, I am quite fine with everything. Since I use Google & Youtube effectively enough, I can do most of jobs. I just don’t see it yet, maybe I will get to know myself better through the Personal Branding course :X

Group 5 Blogs
  1. Bobby's Place for Struggling with the UPCOMING bobbyide1.tumblr.com
  2. Freddy and the Preservation of Caribbean Tradition freddycaribbean.tumblr.com
  3. Gleb's Blog foxruss.tumblr.com
  4. Ibi Muljosantoso ibims.tumblr.com
  5. Iliya Elenski iliyae.tumblr.com
  6. Stefan's Designed universe sphilipov.tumblr.com
  7. Strawberry Egg eyemymii.tumblr.com
  8. Yura's point of view yurasimus.tumblr.com

Final Video

Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more