NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Finalizing the project

New technologies have changed society in such a way that we can’t do without them anymore and design that comes with it is more important then ever before. The success of a modern day product is decided by it’s functioning aswell as by it’s design. For me as a designer this brings a lot of opportunities and that is why I look forward to the future. I always loved technology and to be a part of the development of innovative products is my goal. Preferably with my own company on my own way.

Project Communities showed me how to make your ideas reality, to be a teamworker and to communicate with your client.

Make your ideas reality:

Learning about crowdsourcing and funding was very interesting. These inspiring concepts make it possible to get solutions and development costs from people all over the world. A quick look on Kickstarter shows us that if your idea appeals to the internet audience you will be able to get the money you need for development. Promotion and feedback included.

Teamworker:

It is important to work with people. You can’t do everything by yourself. To do this properly you need to be open for the others in the team. Listen what ideas a person has. Mostly all the creativity and work of everybody combined makes the end product more of a success.

Communication with the client

Our client was Solidaridad. To have a client really makes you think you are doing an important job. Just like in a real company. I think this was a perfect way to learn us how to communicate with such parties. You need to know the wishes of the client and the client needs to know what you are capable of hence the end result will be satisfactory.

The project was confusing at first but it became clearer along the way. I enjoyed working as part of group 4. 

Posted in Community, Group 4
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: de Lang's Design
3 comments on “Finalizing the project
  1. Nancy White says:

Hi Willem

This is just a very belated comment — I apologize. I’m happy to read your thoughts, and really happy to notice that Katinka noticed your improvement in your blogging. That is the best praise – the comment from a colleague!

Thanks again for being part of project community.

Nancy

2. Katinka says:

Hi Willem,

you wrote a really nice blog 🙂
    Im happy that you took the opportunity and worked on your skills, because what I read now is almost not comparable to the first blog posts of you.
    Your thoughts and ideas are clearly expressed and very good structured.

Sadly its the last one, but Im sure you can keep up and use that skill in other courses.

all the best,

Katinka 🙂

Group 4 Blogs
  1. + i-yu-me.tumblr.com
  2. de Lang's Design wtdelang.tumblr.com
  3. J's Blog j-p-s-blog.tumblr.com
  4. Lina's Project Community Blog blog-lina-things.tumblr.com
  5. Mairya's intercultural puzzle mairya.tumblr.com
  6. Meliga's Community juliameliga.tumblr.com
  7. Philipp is using tumblr now. So innovative tumbulr-rasa.tumblr.com

Final Video

Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more