NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Was an honor…

In this new world, not use online tools is difficult. Everything happens online and the most important information are in the internet. 

With online communities you can exchange information more easily and obtain feedback of your work from people that understand about it. You can “follow” someone that you admire. And these online communities can help you to improve your network and keep it growing.
All of it together helps the designers understand what is necessary in the world and what people are expecting, therewith they can create something unique according to the information they obtain online.

Before I choose my principles I had to understand what they are. So I read the websites that were posted on week 8 and I chose the ones I found most important:

• Internationality: to be able to use all online communities and expand your network it’s important disseminate your knowledge around the world, and to do that you must be sure that everyone will understand what you want to transmit.
  • Innovative: doesn’t matter where you come from or where do you live, people are always looking for something new, different, that will make them see things in new ways. A design that has creativity is always thinking about how he/she can do something innovative.
  • Break from routine: inspiration come from the most different places, so it’s nice to have a break from the daily routine; you never know what your mind can create when you are not  thinking about the problems or where do you have to go.

To everyone who starts this course, the most important thing, in my opinion, is to be friendlily with your co-works, they will be with you during all the way. You will help each other and its important to have in mind that everyone is different and has his/her own culture. So listen what they have to say, you never know what they can teach you.

And don’t forget that you will be working for a real client, so, ask his/her opinion about your ideas to solve the problem. And, of course, try to gather all the necessary information about your client.

This is the first course you will have in IDE program where you work with a real client, and we can use all the experience that we gain with it in the next course, for example, how to work with people from all over the world.

Before I finish my last blog, I want to say to the others team member of Group 4 that it was an honor to serve with them. ;)

Posted in Community, Group 4
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Meliga's Community
2 comments on “Was an honor…
  1. Nancy White says:

Hiya and sorry this comment is SOOOO late… no excuses.

I too, love the “break from routine” — did you know that is an important concept in working with complexity as well. If you are interested in that sort of thing, you may enjoy this article.
    https://cognitive-edge.com/blog/entry/6149/great-is-the-power-of-steady-misrepresentation

Thanks again for being part of Project Community!

Nancy

2. Maria says:

haha, now I see your military school background 😉
    I enjoyed meeting and spending time with you too!

And I love your break from routine principle. That’s something I also noticed – I get most of my ideas while travelling or doing something outstanding.

Group 4 Blogs
  1. + i-yu-me.tumblr.com
  2. de Lang's Design wtdelang.tumblr.com
  3. J's Blog j-p-s-blog.tumblr.com
  4. Lina's Project Community Blog blog-lina-things.tumblr.com
  5. Mairya's intercultural puzzle mairya.tumblr.com
  6. Meliga's Community juliameliga.tumblr.com
  7. Philipp is using tumblr now. So innovative tumbulr-rasa.tumblr.com

Final Video

Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more