NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Week 4: Theme 1- Crowdsourcing and Online Social Structures

I use online spaces only as an indivual. I just interact with others when I´m chatting with my friends on Facebook so that´s just personal and nothing about sharing knowledge. In addition I´m not an active member of any other platforms or networks so it´s hard for me to give any examples or to think about experiences. In general I use the computer rarely.

Why should I spend my time in a number of networks? It´s clear that it can be helpful to use forums for example to share information in reference to special hobbies, interests or labors. However I don´t need those for my interests (sports for example) and like to do new things on my own. So no pros for me. Though that´s just my situation.

But I can´t understand how people can spend their valueable time to comment on youtube videos or other stupid stuff. Why should I care about the comment on a song of any stranger out of the world? I´m just feeling sorry for those people because I think that their lifes are pretty sad and boring and they have serious problems with themselves when they sit in front of the computer all day long. Hence they´re part of all those networks to communicate with strangers. They simply have no one else. I totally understand why they do so. It´s just a human need to share your thoughts. So for the those people the networks have big pros. Of course we can have big benefits in the use of networks (like I already mentioned) and not every  member is like this but I think online isolation becomes and mix of cyber and real world becomes bigger and bigger.

I would like to say more about my personal experiences but I´m simply not able to do so. I like to do things personal and in reality.

Posted in Community, Group 4
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Philipp is using tumblr now. So innovative
2 comments on “Week 4: Theme 1- Crowdsourcing and Online Social Structures
  1. Mario Mirzahanyan says:

Yes I totally agree aswell ! And so do I with your comment too Friederike. We seem to have the same relationship with facebook.And about the people that go up and down on the dashboard all the time, I also think thats just a huge waste of time…

2. Friederike says:

I really agree with you, that people do not have to have lots of accounts on different networks, beacuse it really takes a lot of time to check them all. I always try not to check my facebook account too often, because I often get stuck there answering messages which are not really imoprtant, checking my dashboard for important stuff, but most times it is just a bunch of unimportant information.
    I really admire people that are able to make themselves independant from social networks on the internet!

Group 4 Blogs
  1. + i-yu-me.tumblr.com
  2. de Lang's Design wtdelang.tumblr.com
  3. J's Blog j-p-s-blog.tumblr.com
  4. Lina's Project Community Blog blog-lina-things.tumblr.com
  5. Mairya's intercultural puzzle mairya.tumblr.com
  6. Meliga's Community juliameliga.tumblr.com
  7. Philipp is using tumblr now. So innovative tumbulr-rasa.tumblr.com

Final Video

Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more