NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Your NGO and you

Our NGO is the Gogorobi Foundation, a storytelling and theatrical music production organization located in Curacao.  For this weeks assignment I’ve tried to immerse myself in this organization and I tried to get as much knowledge as possible. First of all, the website is in Dutch so I was able to read it (advantage for Dutch people!). As I’ve learned, they produce musicals and workshops to conserve and promote the storytelling tradition in Curacao. For us the assignment is to help them expend their network and help them with the fundraising. This is something we started to work on in class and got together to achieve our goals. I wanted to know as much as I could about the Gogorobi foundation to be able to understand what they do and what their unmet needs are. As I’ve learned more about their work, I saw that there is a lot more they can improve on expanding their network. As I’ve said before, their website is only in Dutch and thus not possible for others to read. This is something within the group we’ve immediately agreed on should be changed. Next to their website, they have a Facebook page. This page is not updated at all and they’ve got just over 60 likes. There are so many other social networks they can use, for example Instagram or Twitter. This is just some proof that we can help them improve their network and I am looking forward to starting with it!

I truly hope that at the end of our course we are able to help them with their needs, I believe that if we stick together and go for it we can make a difference for them. 

Posted in Community, Group 3
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: The 3rd Project
Group 3 Blogs
  1. ▲▼▲ awesomeidontgetit.tumblr.com
  2. Ideas of Viktorija viktorijapiau.tumblr.com
  3. le trait de génie de lucie luciepauline.tumblr.com
  4. Michelle's Project community course michelle1794.tumblr.com
  5. Mikey Taylor's Innovation HQ mikeyjoshuataylor1.tumblr.com
  6. Mondayly by Fer mondayly.tumblr.com
  7. The 3rd Project kikideurvorst.tumblr.com

Final Video

Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more

%d bloggers like this: