NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

a first time for everything

This is the very first time I am blogging! I am already learning a lot in this course, wether it is how to use Tumblr or google hangout, it’s surprisingly very cool! 
Honestly I’ve been quite confused about this whole project for the first days. I didn’t exactly know what to expect from the entire social media aspects but now i’ve explored it a bit it becomes more clear to me. 
I think this course will gain us a lot more knowledge about the NGO’s involved, and about the affect media and networking have on the global awareness of their actions. At first I really did not know what to do with the Gogorobi things, I didn’t really see the benefit of us involving in this. But it was quite nice to see and learn that things sometimes are not what you think at first and you have to step out of your comfort zone to see the real essence and possibilities.
I think what is needed to achieve our goals also depends on individual participation in this course. I hope to gain as much knowledge about the the cultural issues around the world and the role networking has in this. I am very curious what we will learn while exploring the different themes from application of online communities and networks to open innovation design. I know how facebook works, but in only a few days time I have learned about Tumblr, Google Hangout, Google Drive, and a few more websites! I didn’t think it would interest me but I am looking forward to exploring these networks even more. 
I hope that as a group we will accomplish something rememberable. I would like to look back at this project with a feeling that we have done something useful for the world, even if it’s only the smallest bit. 
Personally i think that my contribute to this group work is not clear right now, but it will develop during the course hopefully! 

Posted in Community, Group 3
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: The 3rd Project
One comment on “a first time for everything
  1. Nancy White says:

Yes, it IS about stepping out of our comfort zones! So what do you need to keep stepping out? How can your team members and the rest of us support you?

Group 3 Blogs
  1. ▲▼▲ awesomeidontgetit.tumblr.com
  2. Ideas of Viktorija viktorijapiau.tumblr.com
  3. le trait de génie de lucie luciepauline.tumblr.com
  4. Michelle's Project community course michelle1794.tumblr.com
  5. Mikey Taylor's Innovation HQ mikeyjoshuataylor1.tumblr.com
  6. Mondayly by Fer mondayly.tumblr.com
  7. The 3rd Project kikideurvorst.tumblr.com

Final Video

Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more