NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

“The best thing one can do when it’s raining is to let it rain.” -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Welcome to Holland!image

And welcome to my new Tumblr account “le trait de genie de lucie”. I am Lucie and I am studying Industrial Design Engineering at The Hague University.  

In the course Project Communities we were asked to reflect on the first week of the course. First of all I would like to say, that I think the amount of experience we can achieve in this course really depends on our own participation. We are going to learn how online communities and networks can support innovative design.
We have to understand how networks work, how we can create an online community and how we as innovative designers can have influence on how the structure and the dynamics of network is controllable. When we are able to find a way to organize all of these different aspects we can use it, to for example increase and improve an organizations network to raise funds. Furthermore we have to continue to research what kind of fund would fit the best? What are some of the best ways to expand networking links in different communities?

There are many things I still have to learn. Starting with a simple thing like creating a Tumblr account and continuing to challenge my personal development by learning how to work productively in a group and asking questions which will help me to understand topics in detail.

I guess working in a team is always a challenge but the way we could collect all different ideas shows that we are able to create a realistic and useful strategy for our NGO (Non-governmental-organization). However as far as I have experienced our group-work up to now, it would be definitly useful to create a detailed time planning management so that we can use all of our different talents for the best outcome. I hope I can motivate the group with all my enthusiasm and with “le trait de genie de lucie” ;)

Posted in Community, Group 3
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: le trait de génie de lucie
2 comments on ““The best thing one can do when it’s raining is to let it rain.” -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  1. shahab says:

Hey Lucie, I agree with you that the amount of experience you can achieve in this course really depends on our own participation. I also add “exploration” to it.

Asking questions which will help your group understand topics in detail is also something that you can try! You are totally right about the time management. I am so looking forward to see how you are going to proceed.

2. Friederike says:

I really like the way you explain what we are going to learn and I strongly agree with you that it really depends on our engagement how much we will learn in this course 🙂

Group 3 Blogs
  1. ▲▼▲ awesomeidontgetit.tumblr.com
  2. Ideas of Viktorija viktorijapiau.tumblr.com
  3. le trait de génie de lucie luciepauline.tumblr.com
  4. Michelle's Project community course michelle1794.tumblr.com
  5. Mikey Taylor's Innovation HQ mikeyjoshuataylor1.tumblr.com
  6. Mondayly by Fer mondayly.tumblr.com
  7. The 3rd Project kikideurvorst.tumblr.com

Final Video

Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more