NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Last but not least …

During the Community Project I learned a lot about online communities as well as various features of some of those. I also learned what features are the important and should be considered when looking for a specific online platform. This course was a great opportunity for me to catch up with the online world of today and see how everything can be done within a network. I also learned and experienced that having a blog and update it regularly with new posts is not too difficult as I used to imagine.

Throughout what I learned in this course, I believe there are certain principles that should be taken into account when designing and fostering online communities and network. For instance, design principles such as diversity, appropriateness, user-friendliness, and honesty are very important in designing communities and/or networks. If the content is appropriate but diverse, it can help a wider range of customers with different needs and wishes. Designing a user-friendly and self-explanatory network is respecting the customers; as they will not struggle with learning how the service works and how they can use it. Honesty in design is also very important. If we are designing for people and we want to be welcomed and supported by people, we must make it possible for people to trust our design.

To next year’s class I would say that planning, researching, and being active during this course is very important. Starting the IDE program by this course, may not be very easy for everyone. But this course is a great opportunity to quickly learn about challenges and principles of team work, clients’ expectations, design, deadlines, and online networks and platforms.  

This course gave me the initial knowledge about some very important path in design business, such as marketing, research, strategy, planning, etc. I think these will all be very useful when doing my future projects. In the future projects, I will use the knowledge I gained from this course as tools for more efficiency and productivity.

Posted in Community, Group 2
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Ghazaleh's big thoughts
4 comments on “Last but not least …
  1. Nancy White says:

Hiya and sorry for the late, late comment….

I really appreciated the design principle of honesty. And it applies BEYOND design so it is sort of a life principle, eh? I’m smiling.

Thanks for being part of project community.

Nancy

• Ghazaleh says:

Hi and thanks for leaving a comment.

That’s really true. It is a life principle. 🙂

It was a great and unique opportunity for me to be a part of that course.
      Thanks for sharing your knowledge and your time with us.

Ghazal

2. Vinicius says:

I liked the way you finished your text. Because I totally agree with what you said. It was very good working with you and with the rest of our team. The acquired knowledge will be used to improve our skills and next works, for sure. You also gave some tips to the next years students that I didn’t think.
    Well done! 🙂

3. Meggie says:

Hi Ghazale, your blogging is consistent in being clear and giving an open reflection of your opinion, nice to read. I hope your learnigns will be as valuable to you as you describe them!

Group 2 Blogs
  1. Anna's page redbullmafia.tumblr.com
  2. Felix's Creative Blog felixsw.tumblr.com
  3. Ghazaleh's big thoughts ilovegreendesign.tumblr.com
  4. Gio's Amazing Place giovannicorpaccioli.tumblr.com
  5. Martin's Creativity Blog mdimitrov00.tumblr.com
  6. Patryk Batistelli patrykbatistelli.blogspot.com
  7. Thoughts by Julian julehmann.tumblr.com
  8. Vinicius' First Tumblr viniciusprojectcommunity.tumblr.com

Final Video

Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more