NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Honorableness, simplicity and understanding

Hello,

The most important thing I learned about using online communities and networks is, that there so many possibilities of online communities and networks, but not every possibility fits to your project. So you have to decide from case to case, which community or network works best for your design project. First you have to get a general idea of the different possibilities of this networks. For me this step was the most important in our design project, to figure out what fits best. Also I learned that online communities and networks are a great platform to public innovative design. However it is hard work to keep people interested in your design projects. Therefore you need a good presentation of your project.

I would like to highlight three design principles for designing and fostering online communities or networks.

My first design principle is honorableness. Good design needs to me honest. The customer or user needs to trust the community, otherwise he would not take interest in the community.

The second principle is simplicity. Customers or users should have the possibility to take easily part in the network or community without obstacles.

And the third principle is understanding. The customers or users need to understand what the community or network is for, otherwise they will not take part in this network. The reasons or aims have to be clear.

In the end I would like to say some last words our group work. I gained definitely some ideas, how to do better in group work and project management like better divide of tasks and more clear aims. However I like our work with “google drive”. This website offered us the possibility to share easily documents with all group members. I think in next group works this tool will be very useful. Now I am looking forward to our video!

Felix

Tagged with:
Posted in Community, Group 2
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Felix's Creative Blog
3 comments on “Honorableness, simplicity and understanding
  1. Nancy White says:

Hi Felix

I’m just “stopping by” to add a very belated appreciation for your final blog post. It has been very interesting how consistent everyone’s advice is for next year’s students. Now, how do we convince them to take your advice? 🙂

Thanks again for being part of project community.

Nancy

2. Ghazale says:

I agree with points you have covered in this last prompt. And Google drive was definitely our best discovery during this course. 🙂 Thanks for being an active and motivated team member and for always caring about taking a next step toward meeting our planned tasks. It was a great experience working with you and others in such project.

3. Meggie says:

Nice blog, it shows that you have really learned things in this project. As a teacher I would add that in finding the right “fit” for your project it is always very important to get a good understanding of your client. There is difference between being honorable and being honest, so I am wondering which one you mean. Nice principles, I hope to see them reflected in your future work!

Group 2 Blogs
  1. Anna's page redbullmafia.tumblr.com
  2. Felix's Creative Blog felixsw.tumblr.com
  3. Ghazaleh's big thoughts ilovegreendesign.tumblr.com
  4. Gio's Amazing Place giovannicorpaccioli.tumblr.com
  5. Martin's Creativity Blog mdimitrov00.tumblr.com
  6. Patryk Batistelli patrykbatistelli.blogspot.com
  7. Thoughts by Julian julehmann.tumblr.com
  8. Vinicius' First Tumblr viniciusprojectcommunity.tumblr.com

Final Video

Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more