NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

About Crowdfunding

About crowdfunding.

First of all i want to say that i really like the idea and possibility of crowdfunding.

Crowdfunding offers the possibility to realize “crazy” and innovative products. It is a unprecedented chance to develop a lot of “good” things. If people spend money for a crowdfunding project they have normally emotional connection to the product. And this is a huge advantage. Besides this crowdfunding offers the possibility of risk-free testing of new products. Also there is the possibility to be involved with just a little amount of money. Therefore it is possible for everybody to support a product.

Besides this advantages of crowdfunding there are some points which should meditated. The first point I want to mention on this “conta” side is, that it is a huge effort to mange a crowdfunding project. You need to do lot of public work to reach enough people which are willing to pay for your project. So you need always a lot of supporter. This could be a problem, if the product is uninteresting or just the public work does not reach enough people, and therefore the budget collapse. Another “con” point I want to mention is, that on crowdfunding platforms often just single projects get supported. When the project reaches the amount of money which it needs it is finished. So there is no constantly money flow. This could be a problem for e.g. NGO´s. However crowdfunding is good to support single events like festivals.

In conclusion I think it is always necessary to decide from project to project, where crowdfunding could work. Sometimes it is better to get a few “big” supporter. So you can focus on the developing of the product and there is not that high need of public work.

felix

Tagged with:
Posted in Community, Group 2
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Felix's Creative Blog
3 comments on “About Crowdfunding
  1. Meggie says:

Hi Felix, I think you haven’t read the blog prompt thoroughly. You are mixing up crowdfunsing adn crowdsourcing and as Anna poitns out, missed a few key questions. Please do check out the blogprompts in the future because it will cost you points.
    I don’t know what you mean with risk free testing. And I also don’t understand why you say this could be a problem for NGO’s, it’s also a problem for (design) businesses isn’t it?

2. Anna says:

heey Felix, what do u think about the crowdsoursing in design? 😉

• Felix says:

Hey anna, thanks for your question! I think crowdfunding is a good possibility in design to invent and produce uncommon products. It offers the possibility for people with good ideas, but low budget, to realize there ideas. This is great a possibility!

Group 2 Blogs
  1. Anna's page redbullmafia.tumblr.com
  2. Felix's Creative Blog felixsw.tumblr.com
  3. Ghazaleh's big thoughts ilovegreendesign.tumblr.com
  4. Gio's Amazing Place giovannicorpaccioli.tumblr.com
  5. Martin's Creativity Blog mdimitrov00.tumblr.com
  6. Patryk Batistelli patrykbatistelli.blogspot.com
  7. Thoughts by Julian julehmann.tumblr.com
  8. Vinicius' First Tumblr viniciusprojectcommunity.tumblr.com

Final Video

Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more