NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Week 3: Technology Stewardship and use during the course

Hello!

First of all i want to look back to the last week of work in my Group. We did the first steps to work effectively. However we did not really know what everybody should do. Therefore it is important that everybody know his role and is doing his best to fill out the position. Furthermore it is important that everybody takes responsibility for his role and that there is a also a point in time, when everybody shares his knowledge with the group.

Now i want to write something about my cyber identity.

I am using only a few social platforms frequently. The platform I use most is Facebook. However i do not use my real name at Facebook because i do not want that everybody finds me there. But i think the people which want to find me there, will find me anyway. Facebook is important for me because it is the easiest way to keep in touch with friends. Furthermore you are always informed about people, you do not meet often in real life. Besides that, there is the problem, that some people create their fake personality in the internet. So its always good not only to trust the information you get from Facebook.

Other online platforms i like to use are different types of forums. For example i like to read in a german surf forum for personal informations about surfing. In this forum I get good information and can ask special questions, which i get answered by ”experts“. I appreciate this kind of getting knowledge or information about a special topic, because it is very personal.

Also i read blogs about topics where i am interested in. There you got personal information about a special topic, and often the writing style of the author is really funny.There are so many blogs in the internet to every topic. The blogs I read create partly my digital identity, because that blogs are about the topics where I am interested in. I am mainly interested in blogs about electronic music, funny stuff, design, street art and youth culture.

Besides this social platforms there are many other „sharing tools“ like Soundcloud, twitter or youtube. Soundcloud and youtube are good platforms for listening new music or watching videos. Especially for electronic music. Soundcloud is a good platform for young music creators to share there productions and projects and show them a huge publicity.

Till now my only digital skill in using a program is using Photoshop and Ableton live for playing live music via a midi hardware.

In conclusion I like the fact that every platform gives you the possibility to show your thoughts, music or projects to a huge publicity. This is a big possibility for our and the following generations to make the world better!

Felix

Tagged with:
Posted in Community, Group 2
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Felix's Creative Blog
3 comments on “Week 3: Technology Stewardship and use during the course
  1. Meggie says:

Clear and to the point and you included links, well done!

2. Nancy White says:

The surf community is a GREAT example!

3. Anna says:

Hey Felix!

I think your blog is really interesting due to the interesting and smart way you are writing.
    Totally agree with your feedback about how we were working during the last week. Hope we’ll be more effective this time.
    While reading your post, I remembered about the SoundCloud which i haven’t used for ages! Thank you for reminding, going to get back into it.

Anna

Group 2 Blogs
  1. Anna's page redbullmafia.tumblr.com
  2. Felix's Creative Blog felixsw.tumblr.com
  3. Ghazaleh's big thoughts ilovegreendesign.tumblr.com
  4. Gio's Amazing Place giovannicorpaccioli.tumblr.com
  5. Martin's Creativity Blog mdimitrov00.tumblr.com
  6. Patryk Batistelli patrykbatistelli.blogspot.com
  7. Thoughts by Julian julehmann.tumblr.com
  8. Vinicius' First Tumblr viniciusprojectcommunity.tumblr.com

Final Video

Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more