NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

week 8

Eight weeks ago, I was confused of this course, what the means of four segments are, what the course goal is, how could this course relate to IDE, now I got the answer, designer are not only the product designer but also should understand their clients’ needs and wants, to satisfy the requirements. So we work for our NGO, we try to know more about NGO, find their needs and wants, then go back to look for what can we bring to them. I think our video is product that we designed for clients.

During the process, we have learned a lot of online communitie, the most important thing for me is crowdsourcing and crowdfungding, and these are very useful platform for idea collection and exchange. I had used to find some projects on crowdsourcing platforms, I was not only work for bonus but also training myself, because there are lots of good designers, they posts their design in the platform, I can saw my weakness if I compared with these works, I like the experiences because it really challenge me and improve me. Now I knew crowdfungding, I though in the beginning of a design idea, designer could collect money from this kind of platform, it is also a good way to communicate the design ideas, designer put their project on the platform, the can get many feedback from supporter, more different ideas could make more innovative design.

I thought simplicity principles are important for design, for example, we have learned four segments that we should turn these into our video, but we don’t need to describe all these four thing to our NGO, we believe more simple are better, we divided these four parts by its importance, spend more time to show the most important part in the video, so our video could looks simple but useful to audience.

Useful, I admire Jobs very much, because his ideas are very simplicity and useful that we can look from the advertisements of APPLE company, Apple product are expensive than many other brand, but it popular all over the world, because it easy to use, touch, and useful. I believe a good designer should simplify this world, save people’s time, make product more useful but simple.

This is the last blog for this course, it recorded my experiences in the eight weeks, when I look back, I can see that I am growing up with my team.

Thanks so much!

Tagged with: ,
Posted in Community, Group 1
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Jianyi Wang :)
3 comments on “week 8
  1. Nancy White says:

Sorry for this very late reply– but I’m slowly reading through everyone’s last post. So you have identified simplicity as key. What does that mean in the context of things like crowdsourcing and crowdfunding which you identified as important? How do they work from a design perspective of simplicity?

Thanks!

Nancy

2. JoJo says:

Good conclusion:)
    Everyone loves Jobs, seems Jobs did really great jobs in the world.
    I like simple design, easy to use should be the principle. Apple is a amazing company, I love their products, but their innovation is getting slow these years, and to be honest, I don’t like ios7’s icon design… Horrible…That’s why I haven’t updated yet…

Anyway, nobody, no company can stay at the top always, especially in IT world, sooner or later they would be taken place by some young companies. At least I believe so, cause super big company might makes people arrogant and lazy. And the new Jobs could be any of us. lol

3. Viktorija says:

Hi Jianyi, nice post. I agree with you that since the beginning we have improved and learned a lot. Simplicity is important, however, what other principles of design could you mention?

Group 1 Blogs
  1. Anne's Words anneleiverd.tumblr.com
  2. Antonina Khariton Design Project antoninakhariton.tumblr.com
  3. Aureole dilays-aureole.tumblr.com
  4. Jianyi Wang :) jianyiwang.tumblr.com
  5. JoyJoking originaljojo.tumblr.com
  6. Miri's Desk miriamheberle.tumblr.com
  7. NoBeardMarcelo nobeardmarcelo.tumblr.com

Final Video

Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more