NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

1 Down, lots more to go

As weeks went by every week with a new subject my opinion changed frequently sometimes on one topic and others in all of what we learned, changed my mind on the importance of the week’s subjects. I can not name one specific “most important” subject from the things we learned throughout  the weeks, specially since they were all of great importance and each one of them plays a part in what I’m about to say.

The most important thing I learned in this class is how much effort has to be put in things in order to get everything right, no matter how successful your business is, you will always have problems and sometimes you’ll get stuck on them, but nowadays just as we learned there are tons of solutions to our problems like how much you can improve your business just by dividing groups in a more functional way or the many existing ways on how to raise money for a cause or a project like donating or lending or even the more direct subject like crowd sourcing were you can actually as for help from the world to solve or help with your problem and I also think that your relation with every person you work with should be always in shape, working with Solidaridad and being assigned to this challenge helped me realize how big of a role a good online workplace has on a organization or a company, how big of a mess things will be if you don’t communicate with your co-workers. These things are all what I judge, to be the most importante things I learned during this class.

I could talk about every design principle some more than the others because they are all there for a reason, they are important for everything to go right and smooth, but I think the top ones would be, simplicity and maintainability, maintaining a business is always an challenge, maintainability was a key aspect for me because it has a lot in it depending on the way you see it, for you to maintain you also need to be efficient, consistent, readable, timeless, balanced, flexible and a lot more things so it really is a broad term and simplicity because there are many ways to go wrong by adding to many things, keeping it simple is usually the best option for many subjects and projects. And also be innovative and different, you can maintain something consistent, something that works, something safe, but without risks at some point your business is going to be boring and old so you sometimes need to take more risks and be flexible in order to be efficient, timeless or long lasting. What happends to solidaridad is kind of what I said, they are a great organization but they got to a point where they need to do something new with their intranet to get the attention of the global workers to come and work all together and not depend on separate online networks.

That’s it people, last one

Thanks for Reading my posts

Marcelo

Tagged with: , , , , , ,
Posted in Community, Group 1
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: NoBeardMarcelo
One comment on “1 Down, lots more to go
  1. Dilay says:

Hey Marcelo,

first of all. I agree with the fact, that deciding for the most important topic is hard, because all of them seem very important for me, too.
    Still I like that you didn’t decided for one of our topics, but chose a topic, that is for you the most important, and that’s to put effort in your work. And that’s a really important impact. How do you think, people could be motivated to put more effort in work ?

Group 1 Blogs
  1. Anne's Words anneleiverd.tumblr.com
  2. Antonina Khariton Design Project antoninakhariton.tumblr.com
  3. Aureole dilays-aureole.tumblr.com
  4. Jianyi Wang :) jianyiwang.tumblr.com
  5. JoyJoking originaljojo.tumblr.com
  6. Miri's Desk miriamheberle.tumblr.com
  7. NoBeardMarcelo nobeardmarcelo.tumblr.com

Final Video

Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more