NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Last post

CC Photographer: LA(Phot) Rhys O’Leary

It’s the last post! No not that last post associated with a picture like above. But like that last post, this is an emotional goodbye. (Just to be clear, I have great respect for all men and women in the services. I just don’t respect the masters of war http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvr72uTd7kc )

Project communities has been one hell of a ride and although sometimes stressful I have thoroughly enjoyed it. I want to thank all colleagues and students but especially Nancy and Laura for all their work and patience.

What I liked is that both groups asked feedback on their video with less than 24 hours before the deadline. This is always a difficult thing to do , because you have just worked very hard and you are tired and don’t really want to change anything anymore. But you did ask and I pointed out some things and you did go that extra mile to make it better. So kudos to all of you and keep that up as a good habit.

As a first project we can see the ways of working and culture of this year group develop, What I really enjoyed is that we are starting to develop a culture were students are helping each other in their learnng and do a lot of their work in area 51. 

For my groups: I’ll also give some direct feedback in the Facebook group pages.

I really learned a lot and I am immediately applying my learnings. For the minor smart life rhythms that I am teaching next module I am asking the project teams to report in a weekly blog. It makes sure there is weekly progress and it means that they don’t have to write a report in the end but can focus on building their solution.

I am also very happy that my dear old friend Sheila was very happy with the result.

I really hope to be able to join in the project again next year and am looking forward to another steep learning curve then!

Tagged with: ,
Posted in Community, Faculty
This post was originally published at the Project Community blog: Meggie's Project Communities Blog
One comment on “Last post
  1. Nancy White says:

Meggie, sorry for such a slow reply. The 23 days in Africa followed by a crush of work kept me away. Today, while I’m awaiting feedback on a project (sound familiar) I’m cruising through the blogs. I just want to thank you for not only your hard work, but also to tell you how much I have appreciated your willingness to reflect together in our blogs, so share what you are thinking and feeling. That matters a LOT to me. THANK YOU!

Faculty Blogs
  1. CogDogging It (Alan Levine ProjComm 2013) cogdog.tumblr.com
  2. Janneke Sluijs jannekesluijs.tumblr.com
  3. Laura Stevens Blog project communities buildingpassion.tumblr.com
  4. Meggie's Project Communities Blog openinnovatorhhs.tumblr.com
  5. mohandis Thissen yannomanno.tumblr.com
  6. Nancy's Project Community Reflection nancyprojcomm.tumblr.com
  7. Project Community Rituals shahabchi.tumblr.com
Videos
Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more

%d bloggers like this: