NOTE: This is a full archive for the Project Community: You & The World (2013) please see the main site for the most up to date information.

Songs Running Through My Head the Day Before Project Communities Kick Off

I am currently helping a friend redesign her website now that she has written a very fabulous book (Environmental Debt) on the role of business in helping save the environment. She writes a weekly column for the Guardian and she has been connecting each one to some piece of popular culture: Star Trek, Motown (coming out in her Guardian column next week, I think!), etc.

I hear songs in my head too. They are the soundtrack of my musings. As we gear up for the launch of Project Community, I have a number of songs in my head. Here is a quick listen:

First comes one for our teaching/facilitating team. It also comes from an old musical (have you figured it out? I like musicals!) From the very beginning of the song “I’m Getting Married in the Morning,” the actor sings the opening… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiCN6z5dJnU

“There’s just a few more hours…
That’s all the time that’s left…”

I think this is how we all feel, scrambling to get things ready for all of you!

Next is Everything’s Coming Up Roses! (From the musical, Gypsy, way before any of you were even conceived!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s62MrU8mHx4  This is the song I’m singing to all of YOU! Here is a snippet of the lyrics.

You’ll be swell! You’ll be great!
Gonna have the whole world on the plate!
Starting here, starting now,
honey, everything’s coming up roses!

Clear the decks! Clear the tracks!
You’ve got nothing to do but relax.
Blow a kiss. Take a bow.
Honey, everything’s coming up roses!

Now’s your inning. Stand the world on it’s ear!
Set it spinning! That’ll be just the beginning!
Curtain up! Light the lights!
You got nothing to hit but the heights!
You’ll be swell. You’ll be great.
I can tell. Just you wait.
That lucky star I talk about is due!
Honey, everything’s coming up roses for me and for you!

And then of course, there is the song for CONFUSIASM! The old rock classic, Innagadadavida by Iron Butterfly. This one is more for the rocking rhythm (all 17 minutes of it!), than the pretty trite lyrics!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIVe-rZBcm4

So let’s rock on!

Online, offline --> learning, connecting, doing at least a little bit of good. Offline--> family, garden, chocolate!

Tagged with: ,
Posted in Faculty
Faculty Blogs
  1. CogDogging It (Alan Levine ProjComm 2013) cogdog.tumblr.com
  2. Janneke Sluijs jannekesluijs.tumblr.com
  3. Laura Stevens Blog project communities buildingpassion.tumblr.com
  4. Meggie's Project Communities Blog openinnovatorhhs.tumblr.com
  5. mohandis Thissen yannomanno.tumblr.com
  6. Nancy's Project Community Reflection nancyprojcomm.tumblr.com
  7. Project Community Rituals shahabchi.tumblr.com
Videos
Conversations
  • Nancy White { I appreciate that you included client liaison - I think this is often forgotten. Good catch. What advice would you give next year's students please?... } – Dec 18, 5:53 AM
  • Nancy White { Fun visuals! And right to the point. I think you are practicing your design principles! 🙂 Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:52 AM
  • Nancy White { I loved this piece of advice "Nobody will spoon-feed you the content of the course, you have to make your own experiences but you get... } – Dec 18, 5:51 AM
  • Nancy White { I love that you used your own photo! But more important, I appreciate the clarity of your description of what you have learned. WONDERFUL! Thanks... } – Dec 18, 5:49 AM
  • Nancy White { OK, your tips are the most practical ones I've read so far. WONDERFUL. Thanks, Fer. Thanks for being part of Project Community Nancy } – Dec 18, 5:46 AM
  • »»
See all conversations...

Featuring Recent 10/1403 of Community Posts

Read more